Monday, March 16, 2009

Bobby Lashley vs Jason Guida at March Badness





Jason Guida will step in to fight Bobby Lashley at "March Badness" on March 21 in Pesacola, Florida, the promotion announced today.

Guida steps in for Ken Shamrock (27-13-2), who last week was fined $2,500 and suspended through February 1, 2010 for testing positive for steroids at the WarGods-Ken Shamrock Productions "Valentine's Eve Massacre" event on Feb. 13 in Fresno.

"I'm always training and this has become my MO," Guida said. "I do a lot of short notice fights, where I've been most successful, and this fight fell into my lap. I’ve always made the best of it and I plan on doing the same Saturday night in Pensacola. I want to fight the top guys; Lashley may not be a top guy but he’s a top name, and beating him will put me on the map again."

Jason Guida, the brother of UFC lightweight Clay Guida, was appeared on "The Ultimate Fighter 8" but was eliminated for not making weight.

Lashley (1-0), a member of the American Top Team, won his MMA debut in December in 41 seconds by cut stoppage from ground and pound strikes.




0 comments: